5 Tips to Get Past the ATS Bots!
Beat the Applicant Tracking System before it beats you (out of a job)
5 Tips to make sure your resume makes it to a recruiter’s desk!
- Keep it to a standard – Make sure you use standard headings within the resume: Summary, Key Skills, Job History, Education, Technology, Volunteer Experience.
- Headers and Footers – Don’t put images or other non-traditional information in the Header as this will only confuse the system and cause immediate rejection.
- Format – Functional vs. ATS-friendly, which is the traditional reverse chronological resume. More on that on our site.
- Acronyms – Write them out and use the acronym for maximum impact – Applicant Tracking System (ATS).
- Keywords – Don’t try to jam in key words just for the sake of having them. The system will figure this out and highlight all of your keywords. If paragraphs are highlighted you face rejection.
These are just 5 of our tips for navigating the Applicant Tracking System (ATS) driven job application. Come over to www.rad4career.com and let us show you the value we will bring to your job search. It all starts with a great resume – Let’s find your next job!